There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
Nominations OPEN in ResultsHQ
Time to nominate for the events we have been training hard for! Check your nominations tab in ResultsHQ: https://www.resultshq.com.au/login
Nordic Regional Championships
Date: 5 - 6 Feb
Cut off date for nominations: 24 Jan 9am
Time: 9am (Sat), 8:15am (Sun)
Venue: Bundaberg Athletics Centre, Enid Ethel Dr, Kensington (Bundaberg)
Jimboomba Annual Carnival
Date: 20 Feb
Cut off date for nominations: 11 Feb
Time: All day event
Venue: Jimboomba Athletics Centre, Henderson Rd, Glenlogan
Gladstone Combined Events Carnival
Date: 19th Feb
Cut off date for nominations: 11 Feb
Time: 8am (TBC)
Venue: Gladstone Athletics Club, Derby St, Gladstone
Hot tip for regionals. Your athlete can participate in up to 5 events. It doesn’t matter if they do 1 event or 5, the fee is $15. Keep your athlete active and encourage them to nominate for 5 events. It will keep them busy and develop their skills
Place your nominations today!
For a long time now, the committee at Gladstone Athletics Club have been working towards the installation of tartan tracks for our sandpit.....and this is how close we are to realising this amazing dream for the club.
The run ways are in, concrete edges are done, sand is arriving by the truck load and we are just about ready to put the finishing touches on the runways.....tartan!
Without grant funding, the support of local businesses a dedicated committee and volunteer help, this would not have been possible. Thank you to all involved, your contribution, big or small does not go unnoticed and we are incredibly grateful for your support.
Can't wait to see our athletes giving long jump and triple jump a go on our new and improved pit! We have no doubt, they are going to love it!
On December 11, 2021 we held our annual Christmas Party. We had so much fun! Slip and slide, sausage sizzle a visit from Santa and so many lollies!
A shout out to everyone who made the day possible, especially to our tireless committee members, our Santa and Greg Hughes who safely transported Santa in his Volkswagen Beetle.
Thank you to everyone who came along to our Christmas party. We hope you all had a wonderful time, enjoyed the festive break and looking forward to joining us again for the 2022 part of our season.
We are back to local competition on the 15th of January, with warm up commencing at 8:15am and competition at 8:30am. See you all then.
A milestone day for Gladstone Athletics Club on the 21st of September 2021!
As many of you would be aware, our club has faced some challenges with respect to toilet facilities. The hard work of our committee and support from the Gladstone community has seen this day happen - the day our new toilet block was placed on our toilet block slab!
Shutout to these businesses and people who have helped us get to today, for our toilet block milestone:
- Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC)
- Beta 1 Building Gladstone
- Sheriff Electrical Wholesalers
- John Blows Tilt Tray Service
- GPC Rigging Crew
Watch this space! These toilets will be up and running before we all know it!
Did you know we have partnered with Drakes Supermarkets for their Community Dollars Program? We have and we have lots of key tags to share with you and your family members. Please feel free to grab a key tag for yourself and your family and friends to support our club.
All you need to do is swipe your Gladstone Athletics Club Drakes Supermarkets key tag when you shop at Drakes and we automatically earn Community Dollars which we invest directly back into our club.
We appreciate your support of our club and thank Drakes Supermarkets for their partnership.
Rebel Sports Community Givebacks
Did you know that Gladstone Athletics Club is a registered partner of the Rebel Sports Community Givebacks program?
Chances are, you may already be a registered member of Rebel Sports. Simply by shopping at Rebel and using your loyalty rewards card (linked to Gladstone Athletics Club), you will earn our club 5% of your purchase as store credits for our club. We use these store credits to buy more equipment for our athletes.
Next time you are in a Rebel store:
* At the register, hand over your loyalty rewards card and ask the cashier to link your card to Gladstone Athletics Club
* The cashier will do this for you and any purchase you make at Rebel thereafter will earn our club credits when you use your loyalty card
* You still earn your loyalty points and get member discounts - no changes there.
Thanks for supporting our club!
At Gladstone Athletics Club, we have a Young Volunteers Pathway Plan. Our club encourages our athletes graduating from the U17 age group to progress to Level 1 (and beyond) coaching Accreditation through Athletics Australia. Furthermore, our club also encourages our 13+ years athletes to become Junior, Level 1 Officials.
As part of Young Volunteers Pathway Plan:
* Our U17 athletes transitioning to Level 1 Coaching bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with them to the coaching role. They are able to share their knowledge/experience/skills with junior athletes which we have found, is well received by junior athletes
* There coaching Accreditation is completed through Athletics Australia - a nationally recognised accreditation framework. This accreditation supports their membership in our local club, Little Athletics Qld and Queensland Athletics
* Teaches and encourages our Junior Coaches in the importance and value in contributing to the community
* Our Junior Coaches develop and grow into the role, building self confidence, self esteem, resilience and provides them a sense of accomplishment
* Junior Coaches are encouraged to participate in officiating training, accreditation and support our club in officiating requirements.
* Our Junior Coaches are supported and guided by our club. Our collaboration with our junior coaches is held in high regard and we firmly believe in supporting our Junior coaches into growing further in the sport
* Our Junior Coaches are there for us at training sessions and Saturday morning competition. Invitation is also extended to them to attend away competition such as carnivals, regional and state competition.
We are looking forward to watching our junior coaches grow and keen to welcome more junior coaches to our club, through our Young Volunteer Pathway Plan