There's much to see here. So, take your time, look around, and learn all there is to know about us. We hope you enjoy our site and take a moment to drop us a line.
A milestone day for Gladstone Athletics Club on the 21st of September 2021!
As many of you would be aware, our club has faced some challenges with respect to toilet facilities. The hard work of our committee and support from the Gladstone community has seen this day happen - the day our new toilet block was placed on our toilet block slab!
Shutout to these businesses and people who have helped us get to today, for our toilet block milestone:
- Gladstone Ports Corporation (GPC)
- Beta 1 Building Gladstone
- Sheriff Electrical Wholesalers
- John Blows Tilt Tray Service
- GPC Rigging Crew
Watch this space! These toilets will be up and running before we all know it!
Did you know we have partnered with Drakes Supermarkets for their Community Dollars Program? We have and we have lots of key tags to share with you and your family members. Please feel free to grab a key tag for yourself and your family and friends to support our club.
All you need to do is swipe your Gladstone Athletics Club Drakes Supermarkets key tag when you shop at Drakes and we automatically earn Community Dollars which we invest directly back into our club.
We appreciate your support of our club and thank Drakes Supermarkets for their partnership.
Rebel Sports Community Givebacks
Did you know that Gladstone Athletics Club is a registered partner of the Rebel Sports Community Givebacks program?
Chances are, you may already be a registered member of Rebel Sports. Simply by shopping at Rebel and using your loyalty rewards card (linked to Gladstone Athletics Club), you will earn our club 5% of your purchase as store credits for our club. We use these store credits to buy more equipment for our athletes.
Next time you are in a Rebel store:
* At the register, hand over your loyalty rewards card and ask the cashier to link your card to Gladstone Athletics Club
* The cashier will do this for you and any purchase you make at Rebel thereafter will earn our club credits when you use your loyalty card
* You still earn your loyalty points and get member discounts - no changes there.
Thanks for supporting our club!
Saturday 11 Sept Local Competition
The committee at Gladstone Athletics Club wishes to advise that our local competition morning for this Saturday 11/09 is cancelled.
As a result of the Gympie Carnival and many of our committee members being away this weekend, this has necessitated the need to cancel our local competition. This decision has not been made lightly.
We look forward to seeing you all back on the fields for local competition on Saturday 18 September at 8:15am
At Gladstone Athletics Club, we have a Young Volunteers Pathway Plan. Our club encourages our athletes graduating from the U17 age group to progress to Level 1 (and beyond) coaching Accreditation through Athletics Australia. Furthermore, our club also encourages our 13+ years athletes to become Junior, Level 1 Officials.
As part of Young Volunteers Pathway Plan:
* Our U17 athletes transitioning to Level 1 Coaching bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with them to the coaching role. They are able to share their knowledge/experience/skills with junior athletes which we have found, is well received by junior athletes
* There coaching Accreditation is completed through Athletics Australia - a nationally recognised accreditation framework. This accreditation supports their membership in our local club, Little Athletics Qld and Queensland Athletics
* Teaches and encourages our Junior Coaches in the importance and value in contributing to the community
* Our Junior Coaches develop and grow into the role, building self confidence, self esteem, resilience and provides them a sense of accomplishment
* Junior Coaches are encouraged to participate in officiating training, accreditation and support our club in officiating requirements.
* Our Junior Coaches are supported and guided by our club. Our collaboration with our junior coaches is held in high regard and we firmly believe in supporting our Junior coaches into growing further in the sport
* Our Junior Coaches are there for us at training sessions and Saturday morning competition. Invitation is also extended to them to attend away competition such as carnivals, regional and state competition.
We are looking forward to watching our junior coaches grow and keen to welcome more junior coaches to our club, through our Young Volunteer Pathway Plan